ATTENTION DEFICIT HYPERACTIVITY DISORDERADHD Treatment in Phoenix
What is ADHD?
Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is a mental disorder marked by difficulty paying attention, excessive activity, or difficulty controlling behavior which is not appropriate for a person’s age. In children, problems paying attention may result in poor school performance. ADHD is more common in males than females.
ADHD is divided into three different types:
• Inattention means a person wanders off task, lacks persistence, has difficulty sustaining focus, and is disorganized.
• Hyperactivity means a person seems to move about constantly, including in situations in which it is not appropriate; or excessively fidgets, taps, or talks.
• Impulsivity means a person makes hasty actions that occur in the moment without first thinking about them and that may have high potential for harm.
Signs and Symptoms
Inattention and hyperactivity/impulsivity are the key behaviors of ADHD. Some people with ADHD only has problems with one of the behaviors, while others have combination type of ADHD.
These are several factors can contribute to ADHD:
• Cigarette smoking, alcohol use, or drug use during pregnancy
• Exposure to environmental toxins during pregnancy
• Exposure to environmental toxins, such as high levels of lead, at a young age
• Low birth weight
• Brain injuries
Treatment and Therapies
While there is no cure for ADHD, currently available treatments can help reduce symptoms and improve functioning. Treatments includes:
• Behavioral Therapy
• Family and marital therapy
3. Education or training, or a combination of treatments
• Parenting skills training (behavioral parent management training)
• Stress management techniques
• Support groups
Schedule an appointment with our office today. We accept new patients.
We provide treatment and maintenance services for the following cases:
Sleep or Insomnia
Post traumatic stress disorder – PTSD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD
Attention deficit disorder – ADD
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Opioid and alcohol dependence