Obsessive Compulsive DisorderOCD Treatment in Phoenix
What is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by recurring, unwanted, intrusive thoughts, ideas or sensations (obsessions) and by doing the same thing repetitively (compulsions) to try to make the thought go away.
Obsessions and compulsions can involve many different things, such as a need for order, cleanliness, hoarding, and intrusive thoughts about sex, religion, violence, and body parts. Untreated OCD can significantly interfere with a person’s daily activities and social interactions.
Signs and symptoms
Obsessive thoughts can include:
• Fear of germs or getting dirty
• Worries about getting hurt or others being hurt
• Need for things to be placed in an exact order
• Belief that certain numbers or colors are “good” or “bad”
• Constant awareness of blinking, breathing, or other body sensations
• Unfounded suspicion that a partner is unfaithful
Compulsive habits can include:
• Washing hands many times in a row
• Doing tasks in a specific order every time, or a certain “good” number of times
• Repetitive checking on a locked door, light switch, and other things
• Need to count things, like steps or bottles
• Putting items in an exact order, like cans with labels facing front
• Fear of touching doorknobs, using public toilets, or shaking hands
There’s no cure for OCD. But with treatments, you may be able to lessen the symptoms that can interfere with your life. Treatments may include medication, psychotherapy (Talk Therapy), or both.
Call us today @ (623) 225-7591 or (602) 491-8015, or schedule online. We accept new patients.
We provide treatment and maintenance services for the following cases:
Sleep or Insomnia
Post traumatic stress disorder – PTSD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD
Attention deficit disorder – ADD
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
Opioid and alcohol dependence